Friday, November 4, 2011

Introductions are in order

Hello Everyone and Anyone...hopefully not no one,

I've had it with losing the ideas and impressions I have of books! Good, bad, strange, or predictable, they deserve to be remembered. So do the books.

So what you've found here is my shiny new blog. Strangely I have much less difficulty remembering or conjuring anything related to movies and music. But, for the sake of the theme, if nothing else, I'm going to be cataloging, summarizing, and responding (all action verbs, I assure you--and where there's action, adventure isn't far away...oh god shoot me now...) to the various media that require my still and quiet-type efforts: books, writing projects, movies, television, and music. Comments, suggestions, recommendations (if they somehow differ from suggestions, especially) are all welcome; these are the synapses, ligaments, tendons, bones--whatever--of a healthy life of reading, writing, viewing and listening.

 Over the next weeks or so, I hope to be process a backlog going back a few months. The goal is mainly to avoid that sickly look that blogs are wont to have in their first weeks. If only I could start at the beginning...I wouldn't need the blog in the first place! I'll be starting with the books that I've assigned to my students and myself for academic purposes this fall semester of 2011.

Which reminds me--in case you wanted to ask--to say a word about myself:

I am a (newly) 30-something English teacher currently living in the Mohyeon area of Yongin City, 30-40 kilometers south of Seoul, South Korea. Though I currently teach English as a foreign language, I mainly teach classes from the standpoint of my education in the philosophy, literature, and cultural studies. My first wedding anniversary is quickly approaching and my wife and I are currently planning a move (back, in my case) to the USA. I will definitely say more about that in the coming months. So that's it. The first post on my new blog...yet another adventure in sitting still and being quiet! 

~Chuck

 (...I need theme music...this will do:)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment